Alongside my linguistic skills and in-depth cultural awareness of my three languages, I provide my clients with an in-depth quality assurance process on every assignment. From initial terminology research and producing a draft translation to the final check by an expert proofreader, rest assured that the texts I produce are 100% accurate and of the highest quality. I work alongside you and take your feedback on board until you're completely happy that we've achieved the desired results. My commitment to direct communication throughout the project means that your emails and queries are always answered within a few hours. Please email me for a quote.
Topic areas I focus on include human rights, gender equality, maternal and child health, children's rights and immigration rights. I regularly translate annual reports, fact sheets, gender equality studies, integration studies, immigration documents, human development reports and other documentation.
Government & public services
My linguistic skills and cultural sensitivity ensure that you make the right impression and get your message across, whether you are petitioning authorities or advising the public. The types of texts I regularly translate include council documentation, brochures for local authorities and advisory services, information leaflets and training documents.
EU & international organisations
Specialist knowledge avoids miscommunication in a field fraught with potential issues. I regularly translate tender documentation, draft regulations, Parliament petitions, funding applications, negotiation reports and other documents.
Selected list of recent projects
- Articles and opinion pieces on EU and international affairs (12,000 words, Portuguese to English)
- Report on the situation of orphans in Romania (4,900 words, Romanian to English)
- Documents and fact sheets on sexual, maternal and child health for a health centre (1,500 words, English to Romanian)
- Report on the human rights situation in Romania (11,500 words, English to Romanian)
- Local charity survey regarding services provided to immigrants (1,000 words, English to Romanian)
- Employee good practice guide (10,000 words, Portuguese to English)
- Housing needs assessment (1,500 words, English to Romanian)
- Infringement proceedings documents regarding environmental offences (6,000 words, Portuguese to English)
- Compensation claim regarding a contract for air transportation (5,000 words, Romanian to English)
- Angolan decree-law on mining rights (3,500 words, Portuguese to English)